Another class of Senior Peer Counsellors has graduated on October 22nd. Helene Long instructed a class which began September 12th. We have 5 new Counsellors. We welcome them as they look forward to connecting with a senior in need in the community.
When: Tuesday November 13th
Time: 9:30AM to 11:30AM
Where: Meeting Room next to CSPC Office. Come on out to meet up with other counsellors Discuss issues. Relate experiences. Get tips and helpful suggestions
Who will be there: All members of CSPC are invited.
One of our new Senior Peer Counsellors (Jo-Ann) shared a table with us that states there are over 6,000 emotions in the English Dictionary. The table organizes the emotions into groups and shows how they relate to each other. It’s a useful tool and perhaps may be helpful when dealing with our clients. Please see the table below.
On November 11, Canadians take a moment of silence to honor and remember those who have served and who continue to serve our country. More than 2.3 million Canadians have served throughout our nations history and more than 118,000 made the ultimate sacrifice.
The poppy is the symbol of Remembrance Day. It became widespread in Europe after the soil in France and Belgium became rich in lime from the debris and rubble caused by the fighting of the First World War. The little red flower also flourished around gravesites of the war dead.
When: Saturday December 1st, 2018
Time: 11 am to 1 pm
Where: Minter Gardens Cultivate Café
Cost: $20.00 per person in advance.
Please RSVP: 604-793-7204
- Rhonda Graham
- Doug Hartwick
- Kelly Hiebert
- Lynn Newman
- Lorna Olitch
- Joan Sheanh
- Ruth Smith
- Robert Saucier
Joke of the Day
A woman on the phone to her friend: I feel like my body has gotten totally out of shape, so I got my doctor’s permission to join a fitness club and start exercising… I decided to take an aerobics class for seniors. I bent, twisted, gyrated, jumped up and down, and perspired for an hour. But, by the time I got my leotards on, the class was over.
• Reminder to pay outstanding Membership Dues. Dues are $10.00 per year. Dues for 2019 are payable in January and can be paid at the office.
• Reminder to Volunteers to reply to Charlie with your monthly stats. A report is made quarterly to the Board Members. Stats are really important.
• Next Roundtable Meeting is to be held on Tuesday November 13th in the Boardroom next to our office from 0930 to 1130. Come out to meet with and have discussion with your fellow Counsellors! Free coffee.
• Free Seniors Coffee (Connect Café) will be 10 am Thursday November 1st at Homers and 10 am Thursday November 8th at IHOP. Hope to see you there! Connect Café will also be having a Christmas meal.
• Chilliwack Seniors Peer Counsellors Christmas Lunch will be at Minter Gardens Cultivate Café from 11 am to 1 pm. Cost is $25.00 in advance (includes gratuities). Phone the office at 604-793-7204 to reserve your spot!