Greetings! It is a new month again. We are slowly coming out of the winter season and inching towards Spring. Bit by bit the days are becoming longer. The spring is an inspirational time. Its never too late to do the things we’ve always wanted to do . Let this month inspire us to seize each moment in the best way that we can.
• The new Senior Peer Counsellor class began on January 28th. As mentioned previously there will be an option to take an evening class as well.
• The Roundtable discussion on January 16th had a good turnout and we all enjoyed sharing our experiences as well as getting to know about each other and our clients. Stay tuned for the next Roundtable date!
• Seniors Coffee (Connect Café) will be at 10 am on Thursday Feb 7th at Homers and at 10 am on February 14th at IHOP. Feel bring to bring your client along with you.
A Message from Our President Lorna Olitch
The following information comes from a Survey done in the U.K.
“One half of people over the age of 60 only talk to another person once per day or less. 200,00 people said they had not spoken to another person in more than one month.
Too much solitude can kill you. Lonely people are more likely to suffer from decreased mobility, dementia, depression, heart disease and early death”.
All of the Senior Peer Counsellors play a large part in filling a void for our Seniors and we would like to extend a huge THANK YOU to all our Volunteers for all that you do!!
SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT
- Only in this world do banks leave vault doors open and then chain the pens to the counter.
- Only in this world do we leave cars worth thousands of dollars in the driveway and put our useless junk in the garage.
- Why is the person who invests all your money called a broker?